What Makes College So Expensive ?

What are the ways we can make college more affordable for those who cant afford to go to an expensive college but they have the grades to get in. The graphic below is a rough average of how much money goes into each category for the majority of colleges students. This will help me by giving me specifics to start with to see how much we can change those three prices. Following this link will provided myself with a good way to help college kids get by with using a food scholarship. This next website is providing me with some helpful tips on how to student loan tax garnishments. This final link posted by the New York post gives different areas in which you can purchase text books instead of buying them from the school bookstore which always seems to be the most expensive, so this article gives five different options on where to purchase your text books from. In conclusion, this three links will help me make college more affordable by giving me different alternatives of the more expensive way of dong things, and how to help our student loan taxes go down!

Image result for colleges expenses graphic

How to Make College More Affordable

How to Stop Student Loan Tax Garnishment

https://nypost.com/2015/09/05/heres-the-reason-why-your-college-textbooks-are-so-expensive/

4 thoughts on “What Makes College So Expensive ?

1. As a reader, I am a bit confused here. The first thing I find wrong with the blog is the title itself that says “What makes college so expensive?” Because, below that, all curious, I was waiting to find an answer to that very question but all I could see was information and sources based mainly on how can college be made affordable. I don’t think the information provided is wrong but a bit irrelevant to the topic. If I were you and wanted to stick to that topic I would have written more about what really is wrong with educational institutions who charge so much tuition, what’s causing the rise in tuition and what could be the purpose behind it. Because before providing a solution to a problem we need to identify what or where the problem is. Based on my research, according to Adam Davidson from New York Times magazine, “One of the main reason for high tuition costs is that it allows colleges to shape their student bodies by recruiting the exact type of students they want by offering the college tuition discounts. That’s like a sales strategy salesman uses on unsuspecting buyers.” I would like to provide a source to support my suggestion and to provide some more information related to the title.
    Citation:-
    https://thescholarshipsystem.com/blog-for-students-families/the-real-reasons-why-college-tuition-is-so-high-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/

2. Suggestion: I suggest you, to change this portion of your blog, “The graphic below is a rough average of how much money goes into each category for the majority of colleges students. This will help me by giving me specifics to start with to see how much we can change those three prices” because you should provide statistics and data on the description instead of the below of it. So, you should do citations of the more important components of your article to make your topic consistent and reliable for your audience because they will see a clear message with proper sources.
    I recommend you to try to contrast the past with the present cost of college in order to show the drastic change that we have experienced.
    According to ValuePenguin, a site that focuses on statistics and averages of education emphasizes, “In only 40 years, the average cost of college, including tuition and room and board, has increased over 150% for both public and private four-year colleges. Between 1977 and 1978, the average cost of a four-year degree from a public school was $8,180, while the cost for a nonprofit private school was $17,010. The cost is now more than twice that amount and is moving up to three times that cost” (VP). This source will catch your audience attention.

source: https://www.valuepenguin.com/student-loans/average-cost-of-college